August was the fourth month I contributed to Debian LTS under the Freexian umbrella. In total I spent four hours working on:
pykerberors: Fixed a regression in DLA-265-1 affecting the default parameters of checkPassword(). This resulted in DLA-265-2.
wordpress: Craig Small updated wordpress to fix CVE-2015-2213 CVE-2015-5622 CVE-2015-5731 CVE-2015-5732 and CVE-2015-5734. I did some testing and released DLA-294-1.
Besides that I did CVE triaging of 9 CVEs to check if and how they affect oldoldstable security as part of my LTS front desk work.
Debconf 15 was a great opportunity to meet some of the other LTS contributors in person and to work on some of my packages:
git-buildpackage gained buildpackage-rpm based on the work by Markus Lehtonnen and merging of mock support is hopefully around the corner.
Debconf had two gbp skill shares hosted by dkg and a BoF by myself. A summary is here. Integration with dgit as (discussed with Ian) looks doable and I have parts of that on my todo list as well.
Among other things gbp import-orig gained a --merge-mode option so you can replace the upstream branches verbatim on your packaging branch but keep the contents of the debian/ directory.
I prepared an update for libvirt in Jessie fixing a crasher bug, QEMU error reporting. apparmor support now works out of the box in Jessie (thanks to intrigeri and Felix Geyer for that).
Speaking of apparmor I learned enough at Debconf to use this now by default so we hopefully see less breackage in this area when new libvirt versions hit the archive. The bug count wen't down quiet a bit and we have a new version of virt-manager in unstable now as well.
As usual I prepared the RC candidates of libvirt 1.2.19 in experimental and 1.2.19 final is now in unstable.