Debian Fun in January 2017
2nd February 2017
- the first half of a LTS front desk week
- updating icedove 45.6.0 resulting in DLA-782-1 fixing 8 CVEs
- releasing DLA-783-1 for XEN, the actual update was provided by credativ
- testing the bind9 update prepared by Thorsten Alteholz
- fixing 8 CVEs in imagemagick resulting in DLA-807-1.
- work on recent qemu CVEs
Other Debian stuff
- Usual bunch of libvirt and related uploads
- Uploaded git-buildpackage 0.8.10 to 0.8.12.1 to experimental and unstable fixing (among other things) a long standing bug when using multiple tarballs with filters and pristine-tar as well as making generated orig tarballs reproducible so one gets identical tarballs even without pristine-tar.
- Ran a gbp import-dsc of unstable and filed bugs for cases where pristine-tar would not import the package. Started to look into git-apply errors.
Some other Free Software activites
libplanfahr: switched the example to python3 and made it parse arguments without date as "today":
$ ./run python examples/trip-query.py --when=21:00 Essen Gelsenkirchen Loaded provider de_db Start: Essen Hbf End: Gelsenkirchen Hbf Trip #1 Start: Essen Hbf Departure: 2017-02-02 21:18 Delay: 0 End: Gelsenkirchen Hbf Arrival: 2017-02-02 21:26 Delay: 0 Switches: 0 Trip #2 Start: Essen Hbf Departure: 2017-02-02 21:22 Delay: 0 End: Gelsenkirchen Hbf Arrival: 2017-02-02 21:33 Delay: 0 Switches: 0 Trip #3 Start: Essen Hbf Departure: 2017-02-02 21:44 Delay: 0 End: Gelsenkirchen Hbf Arrival: 2017-02-02 21:52 Delay: 0 Switches: 0
Proposed a workaround to rbvmomi to massively speedup cloning under certain conditions when using CachedOVFDeployer
- Proposed a fix to unbreak ansible's zypper module on first installations
- Made ausroller use git-buildpackage from pypi on non Debian based distros
- Made further progess on the Merkur board clones